North Star AI, machine intelligence conference for developers is happening for the first time in 2018, March 8th!
The focus of the conference is Machine Learning, AI and Data Science. This includes Scaling Deep Learning, Teamwork, Data Science Shift, Computer Vision, Robotics, NLP, Semi-supervised Learning, Blockchain, Recommendation Algorithm, Data Science Systems, Decentralized Computing.
Full day of technical talks in 2 tracks. Topics are 100% practical with lots of case studies. This is a place to learn, share experiences, discuss challenges and meet like-minded people from all over the world!
Speakers are high-level and hand-picked from US, UK, Finland, Sweden, Ukraine and Estonia.
Kick-ass party hosted by Taxify, hottest Estonian startup right now.
This party includes a fireside chat with ML experts discussing latest technologies in a relaxed atmosphere. Besides that we have the obvious: delicious snacks, fizzy drinks, great music, and lots of tech people.
- Sayan Pathak Principal Engineer and ML Scientist, Microsoft. Faculty at University of Washington
- Siim Sikkut Government CIO of Estonia.
- Ahti Heinla CEO, CTO and Co-founder at Starship Technologies
- Travis Oliphant Creator of SciPy, NumPy and Numba. Board member at Anaconda
- Maxim Orlovsky AI & Blockchain Expert, Founder at Pandora Boxchain
- Jaan Altosaar Physics, Princeton
- Andrus Kuus Software Analyst at Proekspert
- Mattias Nilsson AI Researcher at FOI, Swedish Defence Research Agency
- Hendrik Luuk CTO at AlphaBlues
- Peter Prettenhofer Data Scientist at DataRobot
- Antti Rasmus CTO at Curious AI
- Pierre Lupi-Chen Data Scientist & Engineer at Realeyes
- Roman Ustits Head of Data Warehouse Development at Elisa
- Markus Lippus Co-Founder & Data Scientist at MindTitan
- Habib Adam Data Scientist at Transferwise
- Sean Gourley CEO at Primer AI
- 8:00 — 9:20 Registration + breakfast
- 9:20 — 9:40 Opening words Organizer + Siim Sikkut, Estonian Government
- 9:40 — 10:25 Scalable Deep Learning at Microsoft with Cognitive Toolkit and Open Neural Net Exchange Sayan Pathak, Microsoft
- 10:25 — 10:40 Setting up End-to-end predictive customer care through ML Elisa + MindTitan
- 10:40 — 11:05 Coffee break
- 11:05 – 12:05 Scaling and Optimizing Python on Modern Hardware Infrastructure Travis Oliphant, Anaconda
- 12:05 – 12:25 Streamlining Team Work and Development Processes in Data Science Projects Andrus Kuus, Proekspert
- 12:25 – 13:40 Lunch
- 13:40 — 14:20 How AI benefits from Blockchain and Game Theory with Scalable Censorship-resistant Consensus Protocol Maxim Orlovsky, Pandora Boxchain
- 14:20 - 14:50 Implementing flexible ML solutions Habib Adam, Transferwise
- 14:50 — 15:20 Dataset Shift in ML Peter Prettenhofer, DataRobot
- 15:20 — 15:50 Coffee break
- 15:50 — 16:20 Automating CS Chat via Natural Language Semantic Understanding Using Neural Networks Hendrik Luuk, AlphaBlues
- 16:20 — 16:50 Algorithms for Analysing Emotions with NLP Mattias Nilsson, FOI
- 16:55 — 17:35 Building Self-Driving Delivery Robots Ahti Heinla, Starship
- 17:35 — 17:50 Closing and announcements
- 19:00 - 19:30 Panel Discussion at Taxify
- 19:30 - 22:30 Networking Event at Taxify
Parallel track Schedule
- 13:40 – 14:20 Large-scale Meal Recommendation Using Deep Exponential Families Jaan Altosaar, Princeton
- 14:20 – 14:50 Semi-supervised Learning in Practice Antti Rasmus, Curious AI
- 14:50 — 15:20 Measuring How Emotions are Driving Buying Behaviour Using Computer Vision and ML Pierre Lupi-Chen, RealEyes
- 15:20 – 15:50 Break + Coffee
- 15:50 – 16:50 Teaching Machines with Cellular Network Data Elisa
NORTH STAR AI conference
takes place on
March 8, 2018
Põhja pst 27a